Friday, August 28, 2009

...bake contest against myself


Saturday…i had a bake contest against myself! Last weekend I woke up with the idea, that I would start baking. Well, I thought it was a good idea and this is how it all began.
I went to the grocery store and spent about a 150 big ones. Not on groceries per-say but, on bake goods, came home and started, eating. This continues throughout the weekend, and through the week. Anyhow, I started to make home cookie dough (from scratch). Then there was a knock at my door “my handyman”. His name is Husain Fuckeir (no joke). Keep in mind I live down town, no air conditioning, small place, and a gas stove, no fan above the stove and dressed to attend my nieces b-day party (who the cookies were for). Well, I finished the cookie dough and began placing them in the oven…while talking and listening to my H.M., discussing why he has had two failed marriages, and now on iran-singles.com. I was distracted and while placing the cookies on this weird sheet it leaked through the bottom and started to burn….my whole kitchen, was up in smoke. While my smoke detector was ringing like a jail break…I ran in the kitchen, turned off my oven ran back over to the smoke detector knocked it off the ceiling with a wooden spoon…ran back to the oven, tried taking the burnt cookie piece of shit pan out…burnt my hand (3 places). Sweating like a dog…with a Iranian handy man looking at me like I was crazy. I ended not making cookies, after that batch and ate the raw cookie dough for the next two days. Yummy!

Sunday…Blue Berry Cheese Cake, I made it by scratch! It was delicious! No Oven Required…thank god!

2 comments:

  1. haha! sounds like an episode of seinfeld.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should have a big brother video on you constantly!!!

    ReplyDelete